Thursday, July 8, 2010

90 Days in Jail for Lindsay Lohan

Lindsay Lohan seems still can't get herself out of trouble. After being verdict into a three years probation and has to used a SCRAM monitoring device because of a drunken driving and cocaine possession in 2007, now she violated her probation time.

LiLo missed seven alcohol education classes over the past six months and had not attended her meetings once a week, as clearly instructed by the judge. Last October, her probation was extended for a year after she used what prosecutors termed "very creative" excuses for missing several earlier classes.

Judge Marsha Ravel feels enough is enough, and decided not to give another chance for Lindsay Lohan. She sentenced 90 days jail for the "Mean Girls" actress that breaks down into 3 consecutive 30 day sentences for various alcohol and drug related driving offenses and for probation violations.


Video of Lindsay Lohan's trial

Lohan stunned then started sobbing and crying loudly after hearing her sentence while her lawyer, Shawn Chapman Holley, pleaded with the judge to remove the SCRAM device. The judge said the bracelet would only be removed when Lindsay Lohan surrenders in two weeks to serve her 90 day sentence.


LiLo then said to the judge “I just wanted to take a minute to say that as far as I knew, I was being in compliant .... I wasn’t expecting any special treatment. I have to provide for myself. I have to work. My schedule, unfortunately, is very different.”

Having said that, I did everything I was told to do, and did the best I could to balance jobs and showing up. I’m sorry,” she added.

Unable to hold back her tears, she also told the court: “I’m not taking this as a joke. This is my life. This is my career…I take responsibility for my actions. I try to do the best I can do. …It did wake me up… I don’t want you to think I don’t respect you or your terms.”

Judge Ravel responded, “Nowhere did I say substantial compliance to be good enough.”

Lindsay Lohan must surrender on July 20, where she will be sent to the all-women’s Century Regional Detention Facility in Lynwood, California, where she will be kept separate from other inmates. This is the same prison Paris Hilton spent three weeks back in 2007.

It’s expected that Lohan will only need to serve about one-fourth of her sentence, meaning around 25 days.

0 comments: