Sunday, December 5, 2010

Maggie Q Reveals Her Tattoo

Most of celebrities who have tattoos are very proud and often show them anytime they got a chance. But that's not the case for Maggie Q. The Vietnamese-Hawaiian descent chooses to keep her tattoo as her private thing. Usually in photo for magazines, Maggie Q will asks the tattoo to be erased, while in movies she wears something to cover it.

“I like my tattoos erased out because those are mine, they’re Maggie’s tattoos and I kind of hide them in photo shoots and in movies. They have a lot of deeper meaning.”

But recently, she reveals her phoenix tattoo that drew in her hip. She done this for the promotional poster for Nikita, her newest TV series who currently airing on CW. Maybe the reason is because the tattoo very suits her character in the show, where she poses as a rogue spy and assassin.


This phoenix tattoo has a meaning behind it.


According to Maggie, while living in Asia, she often tagged along when friends visited fortunetellers. “I thought it was so fascinating,” she said. “And they would always look at me at the end of the session and go, ‘You’re a bird.’ As I started getting older and learning about myself, I got it. So I met an artist who basically said, ‘You understand what bird you represent? You’re a phoenix because you’ve come from nothing, and you’re building something.’ That meant something to me, so I wanted it to be the bird of strength.”

Maggie Q showed a glimpse of her tattoo in Balls of Fury (2007),
which only made her fans even more curious.


Always trying to cover her tattoo, especially in photo session.



Bare it all in Deception (2008), but not many notice her in this movie.


Besides her phoenix tattoo, Maggie Q apparently has two more tattoos. One of them was carved on her left forearm. It's a Chinese characters spelling the name of a friend who died in 2005. While for her other tattoo, the location is still unknown. Imagine something sexy on some secret place, don't you?

Maggie Q left arm tattoo


Don't forget to check Rihanna's Tattoos or David Beckham's Tattoos!

0 comments: